Last updated 16 June 2020 Bitcoin Association for BSV (which operates as Bitcoin Association) (the “Association”) is committed to maintaining strong privacy protection for its users. This “Privacy Notice” is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, and safeguard the information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our services.
1. Who we areThe controller of your personal data is Bitcoin Association for BSV, Grafenauweg 6, 6300 Zug, Switzerland (email: [email protected] ; telephone: +41 (0)41 552 29 00). References in this Notice to the “Association”, “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Bitcoin Association for BSV. We have appointed the following EU representative: CMS Hasche Sigle Kranhaus 1 Im Zollhafen 18 50678 Cologne Germany email: [email protected] We have appointed the following Data Protection Officer: Aline Steffen CMS von Erlach Poncet Ltd. Dreikönigstrasse 7 PO Box 8022 Zurich Switzerland email: [email protected]
2. Personal data we processPersonal data we process about you includes:
- your name and contact details (for example name, address and email address), information about the company you work for, your position or title, and other basic information;
- identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our membership process, registration to participate in our events or activities, and other purposes;
- financial information, for example payment-related information;
- information provided to us by or on behalf of our users or generated by us in the course of providing services to users;
- information in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically, for example your use of our marketing e-mails;
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
3. How we use your personal dataWe use your personal data:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide and improve our services to you and our users, including personal data of others provided to us or collected by us on behalf of our members or clients, for example processing identification and background information as part of our membership, finance, administration and marketing processes;
- to administer our relationship with you and with our users;
- to provide and improve our websites, including monitoring and evaluating its use (see “Cookie Notice; Use of our websites and e-mails” section below for additional information);
- to promote our events, programs, activities and services, including by sending alerts, updates, event invitations etc.;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
5. On what basis we use your personal informationWe process personal data on the following grounds: to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide events, programs, activities or services; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings; to comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and for legitimate interests. Please see “How we process your personal data” above for additional details.
6. Who we share your personal data withWe will share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- IT service providers;
- Vendors who are performing services for the Association, such as the servers for our email communications;
- Our auditors;
- Third parties involved in hosting or organizing events, programs, activities and other services offered or supported by the Association.